PRIMARY SCHOOL TUTORING – YEARS 3-6
Our primary school tutoring is an after-school program for Stages 2 and 3 (Year 3-6). Our in-house curriculum is matched to curriculum outcomes that focus on strong foundation knowledge, problem solving and analytical skills to achieve complex learning outcomes across subjects. Students will develop confidence to apply practical strategies to complex learning materials to help them in school tests and assessments.
The Subjects We Offer
- English – teaching literacy skills in all aspects of reading and writing for higher order compositions.
- Mathematics – Teaching skills to excel in mental arithmetic and worded-problem using calculus as a basis to transition to higher order math in the Middle Years.
- STEMQUEST – Targeted Science and Math program for higher order thinking students to combine the practical and theory of biology, chemistry and physics. This program sets the foundation for Middle Years in these three branches of science.
- National Tests – Tutoring support for all tests including Opportunity Class (OC), Selective, NAPLAN, Scholarship and any in-house school tests and assessments.
- Step-by-Step – Our English, Math and STEMQUEST curriculum provides a step-by-step guide to excellence and academic success.
- Feedback: Comprehensive feedback after each lesson that details your child’s areas for improvement.
We will be uploading more user friendly resources soon. To find additional resources and tips on learning, visit our blog.
Areas of concentration:
- Confidence and strong self-esteem in verbal and written expression.
- Fluency and advancement of reading skills.
- Strong comprehension skills that lead to inferential thinking.
- Creative writing and creative thinking.
- Application of numeracy to identify, interpret and reason.
- Fluency in all areas of mathematics.
When it comes to primary school tutoring years 3-6, we don’t just focus on teaching English or Maths, but provide a holistic approach to their academic and emotional well being. This results in a guaranteed improvement in their marks!
Confidence cannot be underrated in a child’s success and is a direct outcome of effective teachers and methodology. By developing confidence in the school classrooms, students acquire more independence in their learning and decision-making.
The success of each student is delivered through a collaborative tutoring approach between school teachers and C3 educators, parents and students. In these grade levels, students have achieved success in scholarship and selective entrance exams, especially through our innovative and intensive writing program.
To discuss the needs of your child or to find out more about National tests such as NAPLAN, OC, Selective School entrance exams, private school scholarship application exams, primary, high school after-school tutoring programs, staff and methodology, contact us on 1300 235 437 (1300 C3 KIDS) or click here to complete our Contact Form. One of our staff members will be in touch!