HIGH SCHOOL TUTORING – YEARS 7-10
Our high school tutoring program is an after-school program for Stage 4 and 5 (Years 7-10). It is results driven to support academic success in Year 11-12 HSC and International Baccalaureate (IB) studies. Our in-house curriculum is matched to curriculum objectives for strong foundation knowledge, problem solving and analytical skills to achieve complex learning outcomes across subjects.
The Subjects We offer
- English – teaching literacy skills in all aspects of reading and writing for higher order compositions with a focus on school-based texts.
- Mathematics – Teaching skills to excel in mental arithmetic and worded-problem using calculus as a basis to transition to higher order Math in the Senior Years up to Extension 2 Math.
- STEMQUEST – Targeted Science program for higher order thinking students to combine the theory of biology, chemistry and physics. This program sets the foundation for HSC and IB studies in these three branches of science. It is targeted for students thinking about a Science related field at university such as Medicine, Dentistry or Engineering.
- ALL Subjects – Our tutors are multi-skilled who have a breadth of knowledge in specific areas of Humanities, Languages and the Creative Arts.
- School-based Assessments – Tutoring support for school exams and assessments.
- Step-by-Step – Our English, Math and STEMQUEST curriculum provides a step-by-step guide to excellence and academic success.
- Feedback: Comprehensive feedback after each lesson that details your child’s areas for improvement.
- ONLINE Tutoring – We offer comprehensive services to meet your needs – whether on campus (1:1 coaching or group coaching) or online coaching or offsite tutoring.
- Essay Marking Service – Use this service to do final checks that your essays are hitting a Band 6! For more info on our essay marking click here.
To find additional resources and tips on for high school exams and preparing for the Year 12 HSC and IB, visit our blog.
Areas of concentration:
- Establish strong study habits and discipline.
- Encourage understanding and familiarity of key learning outcomes.
- Ensure speed and accuracy for improved outcomes.
- Develop critical thinking.
- Offer support in tests and exams.
- Develop the necessary skills to write essays
Stages 4-5 (Years 7-10) of learning are critical in engaging a collaborative approach between teachers, parents and students. Each year, our students pride themselves on achieving Dux of their school, attain top ranks in their subjects of choice and win out-of-school competitions and scholarships.
By developing their confidence and refining their academic skills, your child will become more adept at navigating and excelling in their school environment to tackle the challenge of upcoming final High School years.
To discuss the needs of your child or to find out more about our high school tutoring programs, private school scholarships, staff and methodology, contact us on 1300 235 437 (1300 C3 KIDS) or click here to complete our Contact Form. One of our staff members will be in touch!